Syntax-highlighting HTML editor
- Edit your HTML pages quickly using the syntax highlighting editor,
inserting elements with shortcuts, menu commands and toolbar commands.
- Preview your pages and navigate around the manual like a normal help file
- The built-in preprocessor allows you to create macros to simplify
your HTML. Include other files such as page headers with navigation
controls, and use conditionals to tailor the help for different
platforms or application versions.
HTML element catalog
- Browse the catalog for the required HTML element, edit its attributes,
and insert it into your page. You can even edit the catalog and choose your own
- Type the desired HTML element, then Alt-Enter, to show the element
in the catalog. Then type Alt-Enter again to insert the element into
- Add images, HTML fragments, URL descriptions and text notes to the resource
section of your project for later reference.
- Create and edit your index (HHK file) - if you wish, automatically
generate the whole index from the titles in your project.
Import existing HHP projects
- Import an existing MS HTML Help project using
the New Project wizard. Your HHC, HHK and HTML files will
be preserved, and the images imported into the Resources section.
Find and replace
- There are two different methods of searching, plus
find and replace that works across all the files in your
- Create and use page and project templates to cut editing time
Drag and drop project structuring
- Rearrange your project hierarchy by dragging items in the project
- Insert images, page references and colors using specialised
dialogs, either in the attribute editor or directly from the Insert
- Use predefined symbols such as _HELP_TITLE, _HELP_FILE, _HELP_NEXT_FILE
to automate aspects of page formatting.
Docking page windows
- Each document can be undocked into its own window by dragging on the title
or using the Dock menu command.
Back to the HelpBlocks home page