Why not give the demo a whirl for free - then register if you like
it. When you register you get these benefits:
- UNREGISTERED is removed from the titlebar;
- You can create more than 20 pages;
- no more nag screens.
Here's some other software you may be interested in downloading:
- HelpBlocks 1.23 for Windows
- HelpBlocks for Windows is about two megabytes in size.
- HelpBlocks 1.23 for Linux
- HelpBlocks for Linux is about 6 MB in size.
You can also download a Gentoo Linux ebuild script.
You can install HelpBlocks on Gentoo with the command emerge helpblocks.
- HelpBlocks 1.22 for FreeBSD 7.0
- HelpBlocks for FreeBSD is about 6 MB in size.
- HelpBlocks 1.22 for Solaris 10 (x86)
- HelpBlocks for Solaris is about 4 MB in size.
- HelpBlocks 1.23 for Mac OS X
- HelpBlocks for Mac OS X is provided as a universal binary for both PowerPC
and Intel that works with Mac OS 10.3.9 and above.
- Anthemion HelpView
- Anthemion HelpView is an application for displaying pages
of help in a conveniently packaged form. It looks similar to
Microsoft HTML Help, but is available on multiple platforms,
not just Windows.
- Microsoft HTML Help Workshop
- HelpBlocks can generate Windows HTML Help files, if you download and
install Microsoft's HTML Help Workshop.
Version 1.23, October 28th 2013
- Fixed a bug causing garbled error messages from the preprocessor.
- Corrected loading of the Tag Catalog after writing in the Unicode build of HelpBlocks.
- Added "Topic id start" and "HTML page base name" settings to the Project page of the Settings dialog.
- Fixed a libpng linking problem on Linux (switched to dynamic linking from static).
- HelpBlocks is now installed to /opt on Linux instead of /usr/share.
Version 1.22, January 28th 2010
- Now converts non-ASCII symbols to entities, to make it easier to edit content in languages other than English.
- wxHTML Help .hhp files are now written in the correct encoding.
Version 1.21, September 24th 2008
- Compiled against wxWidgets 2.8.8, fixing a bug with Alt+Enter accelerator on Windows.
- Fixed a bug searching for the last text on a page.
- Can now use "\\n" in a search string to represent a newline.
- Changed blue document title colour to grey.
- Fixed bugs opening multiple projects.
- Added further Linux distribution formats and improved installation behaviour.
- Adapted dialogs to be small-display friendly.
Version 1.20, November 14th 2007
- Compiled against wxWidgets 2.8.6.
- Now caters for duplicate keywords in Index tab of settings dialog.
- Fixed Latin 2 HHC generation on Windows.
- Fixed hang bug when trying to generate a new project filename.
Version 1.19, September 23rd 2006
- Fixed crash on Linux after editing macros in Settings dialog.
- Recompiled with wxWidgets 2.6.3+ on Linux and 2.7 on Mac to take advantage of
wxWidgets bug fixes.
- Added FreeBSD 6.1 to the list of supported platforms.
Version 1.18, February 20th 2006
- Fixed Unicode bugs when viewing or creating from templates.
Version 1.17, January 13th 2006
- Added encoding and language specifications for CHM contents files,
using the Encodings dialog accessible from the Project Settings dialog.
- Added Red Hat Fedora Core 4 to the list of supported platforms.
Version 1.16, November 24th 2005
- Now prompts for filename when generating single-file HTML or Windows CE Help files.
- Fixed topic name in Windows CE Help file keywords.
- Added page break option to document properties, and _PAGE_BREAK macro definition that is defined if a page break is required.
- Added a How To topic on generating monolithic help for printed manuals.
- Fixed file corruption when creating a new project from a HTB template.
- Fixed marking of document as edited when shift or control was pressed.
- Prepared for Unicode version with forward compatibility.
- The XML format has been rewritten for greater speed and version control friendliness.
- Moved the "Save As XML" option to the project settings page, and it is now per project instead
Version 1.15, April 10th 2005
- Fixed a bug in generating ID parameters in hhc files.
Version 1.14, February 2nd 2005
- Fixed a page template bug.
- Fixed image selector bug.
Version 1.13, January 29th 2005
- Fixed a bug when setting the HTML font size and a page
is not being viewed.
- Added new Page settings tab, and Use Automatic Header and Footer setting.
- Added Use auto header and footer option to page document properties dialog, to allow the user to override the
- Added Ctrl+Enter shortcut for viewing document properties.
- Added Show document creation dialog option to
general settings dialog.
- Added Default image format option to general settings dialog.
- Importing images now has a shortcut, Alt+I.
- The current image import directory is remembered.
- Some bugs with image filename changing have been fixed; if
the extension and file type don't match, the extension overrides the selected type.
- Some sanity checking is done when changing an image title/filename from the document caption.
- When changing the image filename in the properties dialog,
the title changes immediately.
- When importing an image, and the image is already in the project directory, a new copy is not taken.
- No longer converts filename to short form on Windows when invoking from Explorer.
Version 1.12, July 30th 2004
- HTD and HTM files now both get deleted when the page is deleted.
- If HelpBlocks doesn't find a file in the project,
the user will at least be able to save new text.
- The user will be asked to retry save
operations that didn't work the first
time, to reduce the chance of work being lost.
- Fixed a problem with drag and drop.
- Fixed a bug in project import.
Version 1.11, July 20th 2004
- Improved support for documents within folders.
Version 1.10, March 25th 2004
- Fixed HHP import and URL dialog bugs due
to broken HTML parsing.
- Fixed a bug in conversion to XPM.
Version 1.09, March 21st 2004
- Problem with ordering of HHK file generation corrected.
- Fixed bad tooltips on Windows (long description now appears
in the status bar).
- Now scrolls to correct anchor within page during
- Prompts before overwriting am existing file when
a .htd file is renamed. Also erases the HTML output
file after a rename.
- Doesn't try to autocomplete elements inappropriately.
- Added Save As XML option in general settings,
to specify that projects should be saved in a human-readable text format. HelpBlocks will now auto-detect binary or XML type when opening a project file.
- Changed document titlebar colour to a stronger blue.
- Image document now has a toolbar.
- Prompts before overwriting an image file when renaming.
- Conversion to XPM can cope with more colours.
Version 1.08, January 6th 2004
- If the command line filename parameter is
relative, prepends the current directory.
- Regenerates the HHK file using page titles
if the index file is missing.
- Import from HHP recognises subdirectories.
- Bugs with creation from template fixed.
- Fixed a crash when adding URL document.
- Worked around crash in Scintilla control.
- Fixed crash bug in New Project wizard.
- Fixed problem with multiple projects being opened
even if this was switched off in the settings dialog.
- Find and replace now saves the results of the replace.
- Ensures that MS HTML HHC files don't have extra params that cause
the help compiler to ignore topics in the contents.
- Adds the ability to specify a topic name for each HTML page,
which can be used with the integer version of wxHelpController::DisplaySection.
Back to the HelpBlocks home page